Old June 5th 12, 10:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roger Carpenter Roger Carpenter is offline

Default Epping - Ongar Railway Now Open

On Jun 5, 10:24*am, The Real Doctor wrote:
On 02/06/12 19:02, SB wrote:

Then at North Weald there is an option of a diesel shuttle into Epping
Forest. Or a steam hauled trip to Ongar and back.

As a matter of interest, why two train sets on each side of North Weald
and not end-to-end trains? Some issue with steam in the forest?

Ian

I'm not connected with the railway but the impression I gained is that
the plan is to run steam trains NW - Ongar since there will be run-
round facilities at both ends, with a DMU shuttle at the Epping end
where it's just a single line. On the opening weekend, the loop at
Ongar was not ready.