Old June 6th 12, 12:24 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Epping - Ongar Railway Now Open

On Wed, 6 Jun 2012 05:14:10 -0700 (PDT), CJB
wrote:

On Jun 6, 1:07*pm, 77002 wrote:
On Jun 5, 11:33*am, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 10:24:54 on Tue, 5 Jun 2012,
The Real Doctor remarked:

Then at North Weald there is an option of a diesel shuttle into Epping
Forest. Or a steam hauled trip to Ongar and back.

As a matter of interest, why two train sets on each side of North Weald
and not end-to-end trains? Some issue with steam in the forest?

Clearance under the M11 bridge?

Epping to Ongar would have been the perfect line for preserved 1938
and Standard tube trains. *I know Electricity, Elfin Safety. *There
are US preserved Trolley Lines with 600v DC overhead.

Has anyone seen the rusty tube loco. wreck outside Epping Station? It
looks like a long abandoned battery loco. Surprised the scrap metal
wallas haven't had it. Its been there for years. Apparently its been
offered to EOR but they don't want it.

From what I've read, EOR harks back to the line's origins as a steam
railway, and ignores its temporary status as an electrified Tube line.
So any Tube memorabilia would have limited or no relevance.