Old June 6th 12, 12:59 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
77002 77002 is offline

Default Epping - Ongar Railway Now Open

On Jun 6, 1:44*pm, Clive wrote:
In message , Recliner
writesFrom what I've read, EOR harks back to the line's origins as a steam
railway, and ignores its temporary status as an electrified Tube line.
So any Tube memorabilia would have limited or no relevance.

And to think that when I was at Hainault I used to work on that shuttle,
but both intermediate stations were open then.

The UK has countless preserved railways that reflect steam in the 20s/
30s/40s/50s. It would be so good to have a line doing something
different. A line with preserved tube trains at the end of an active
tube line would be special. Keep in mind that in the early tube years
the route to Ongar had electric passenger trains, and steam freight
trains.

Their line, their choices I guess.