Old June 6th 12, 03:57 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
CJB CJB is offline

Default Can the Railways Cope with the Olympic Crowds?

On Jun 6, 1:36*pm, Recliner wrote:
On Wed, 6 Jun 2012 05:22:21 -0700 (PDT), CJB
wrote:

IMHO - NO!!

Judging by the fiasco of handling the cold, wet and bedraggled crowds
in London over the last four days of the Jubilee Shen. (= shenanigan
as in alt.shenanigan) I don't think that they have a chance.

None of the traincos. ran a Saturday service. None put on extra
coaching stock. Many thousands were left on platforms unable to board
the cattle trains they needed to get to London.

I thought the problems were mainly on the Sunday, when they ran only a
normal or slightly enhanced Sunday service for what turned out to be
much larger crowds than they expected. From what I heard, trains
worked OK on the other days.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...tration-861150

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1565838.html

etc.