Old June 6th 12, 09:11 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default Well I enjoyed it - the Flotilla

On 06/06/2012 22:07, MB wrote:
On 06/06/2012 19:59, Roger Traviss wrote:
I'm betting HM costs the UK far less than the US President costs the
USA.

I loved the security for the Queen.

Way less visible than for the U.S. Prez, who would have been hidden
behind
scads of Secret Service agents and would have been practically
invisible to
the crowds.

And who are these Secret Service agents protecting the Prez. from?
Why, his
fellow Americans, that's whom. Every assassination attempt on a US Prez.
has been by a fellow American.

Kinda tells you something about the country, doesn't it?

There is a story in a obituary in Prospero about someone who went to
adjust the microphone in front of POTUS and was nearly shot by the
Secret Service. Sounds quite plausible, a friend used to attend a
meeting with George W every month. At the first meeting the security
people told them that it was not advisable to make any sort of sudden
move when POTUS was in the room.

In case they woke him up?

--
Graeme Wall