Old June 7th 12, 11:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default taxi to airport in London

In message , at 10:24:23 on
Thu, 7 Jun 2012, Mike Hughes remarked:
You could ask the lady who, after 3 hours of going round the centre of
London in the minicab booked by the company she was visiting, ended up
ion tears as he just couldn't get her the hotel - a simple 10 minute
journey for me as I knew how to get around the roadworks.

That happened to me in Washington DC. A taxi from the airport ended up
going round the block three times without getting any closer to our very
centrally located hotel, so we got out and walked the last hundred
yards.

And I had the same problem in Sheffield earlier this year - the road
pattern has been completely changed since my satnav's database. I went
round three times trying to find out how to get to The Crucible, before
giving up and walking the last 400 yds. (Every route I tried ended up
either at a "buses only" or a "pedestrians only" blockade).