Old June 7th 12, 02:57 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default Can the Railways Cope with the Olympic Crowds?

Neill wrote:

If they use the same rude, foul-mouthed little Hitlers they were using
on Sunday as crowd control, I very much doubt it. I got my Olympic
tickets for the weightlifting at the Excel yesterday. No liquids,
airport style security, just to get in the venue. Does that mean take
your belt and shoes off just to get into a sporting event that costs
=A395 for 2 hours? I wonder how much they're going to fleece you for a
bottle of water once you get in? I paid for the tickets just for the
Olympic experience, I have no interest in weightlifing. I'm now
wondering why I bothered

Anyone who wants to see the Olympic Park without paying an Olympic
price for a ticket to watch an event can apparently pay £10 to get in
and have a walk round during the Paralympics.