Old June 7th 12, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.waterways,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default BBC's Dire Coverage of the Thames Flotilla and other JubilleeEvents

On 07/06/2012 15:36, John Bennett wrote:
On Thu 07 Jun 2012, MB wrote:

Perhaps a petition about why ITV chose to cover a tennis match rather
than a major state occasion like this.

Have you thought about how many cameras and cameramen are needed to
cover an event like this? It's quite mind boggling! I remember Princess
Di's funeral when I know they were employing wedding cameramen with sub
broadcast equipment to make up the numbers.

Who are "they"?

No wonder some of the
coverage was poor and it always will be with the dumbed down, casualised
TV industry we now have.

I think ITV made a very good decision not to even attempt to cover it.
As an ex-BBC cameraman myself

Ah, /that/ John Bennett.

what upsets me most is that Sky apparently
did a better job than the BBC! This does not bode well for the BBC and
gives ammunition to its knockers, but I'm sad to say they have brought
about their own demise.

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail