Old June 7th 12, 05:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_3_] Richard J.[_3_] is offline

Default taxi to airport in London

Mike Hughes wrote on 07 June 2012 10:24:23 ...
In .domain, Paul
writes

[snip]

make i more likely I would use a
Minicab, not a Hackney, if I need a cab in London.

That is your choice, but when you're sat in traffic or diverted due to
road works, or many of the various events that the roads are closed for,
especially with the Olympics coming up, don't expect the Satnav users to
know how to get around the closures.

True, but don't assume that it's always the taxi driver that has the
knowledge. In my last two cab journeys, both involving heavily
congested roads, the minicab driver (Monarch Radio Cars, W4) was superb,
both in driving skills and knowledge of the street network. By
contrast, the taxi driver with an all-London badge, hailed on the street
at Edgware Road H&C station, needed advice from me on 4 separate
occasions because he evidently had very poor knowledge of West London.
--
Richard J.