Old June 7th 12, 05:01 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Bruce[_2_] Bruce[_2_] is offline

Default London Overground in chaos

Dave Jackson wrote:
On 06/06/2012 23:29, Bruce wrote:
I worked in Liverpool, lived in South Liverpool and - what a
coincidence - also had a girlfriend in Bromborough. It was the 1970s,
though. Obviously not the same girl.;-)

Might have been the same girl - I was married to somebody else in the
early 70s. I hated taking my bike through the Queensway tunnel, but in
those days you could take it on the ferry - although you had to push it
(rather than ride it) on the landing stages.

I'm not sure the ferries ran in the early hours when I was returning
from Bromborough. Even though the Kingsway/M53 route was much further
it was faster because of motorway speeds. I didn't want to waste a
moment ... ;-)