Old June 7th 12, 08:10 PM posted to uk.rec.waterways,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Graeme Wall Graeme Wall is offline

Default BBC's Dire Coverage of the Thames Flotilla and other JubilleeEvents

On 07/06/2012 21:00, tony sayer wrote:
In , Graeme Wall
scribeth thus
On 07/06/2012 16:32, John Bennett wrote:
On Thu 07 Jun 2012, Graeme wrote:
On 07/06/2012 15:36, John Bennett wrote:
On Thu 07 Jun 2012, wrote:

Perhaps a petition about why ITV chose to cover a tennis match
rather than a major state occasion like this.

Have you thought about how many cameras and cameramen are needed
to cover an event like this? It's quite mind boggling! I remember
Princess Di's funeral when I know they were employing wedding
cameramen with sub broadcast equipment to make up the numbers.

Who are "they"?

It was the BBC and I know of some local "amateurs" who were contracted
for the day using their home made OB unit!

That I hadn't heard of! I know there were a few single-camera guys who
were co-opted onto OB cameras and found it not as easy as they expected.

Http://www.sislive.tv/broadcast-solu...2/06/sis-live-
help-deliver-coverage-of-the-queens-diamond-jubilee-events/

SIS bought all the BBC OB units a few years ago. Though John and I were
discussing Di's funeral when the Beeb still had it's own location
facilities.

--
Graeme Wall
Railway Miscellany at http://www.greywall.demon.co.uk/rail