Old June 7th 12, 08:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin[_4_] Robin[_4_] is offline

Default taxi to airport in London

Wrong. This is not a "Driving test" as the DSA do not implement it.

It is a Conduct test.

It's sometimes hard to tell on Usenet who is right and who is wrong so,
having had a few minutes spare to waste, I did a little digging.

As regards the term "driving test", it is used both in the underlying
legislation (the London Cab Order 1934
(1934 No. 1346)) and colloquially by TfL and the DSA for what taxi
drivers in some areas are required to undertake.

Turning to who carries out the test/assessment/whatever, TfL think they
have a contract with DSA to design and carry out the tests; and DSA
think they run them and invite people to book them on their website.
See eg
http://www.dft.gov.uk/fyn/practical.php
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/businessandpar...ire/17726.aspx)
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...ase-in-VAT.pdf

Of course I may well have missed something but at that point I moved on
to waste my time on other things
--
Robin
reply to address is (meant to be) valid