Old June 7th 12, 08:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mike Hughes[_2_] Mike Hughes[_2_] is offline

Default taxi to airport in London

In message , Paul
Cummins writes
We were about to embark at Dover, when (Mike
Hughes) came up to me and whispered:

Wrong. Taxi drivers are required to take an additional driving
test before they get their licence. This includes the correct
procedure to accommodate wheelchair users.

Wrong. This is not a "Driving test" as the DSA do not implement it.

Get your facts straight. It is a DSA test - failure means that you don't
get your licence.

It is a Conduct test.

AS for the rest of your drivel, why don't you try going into somewhere
like, say, London Executive in Great Suffolk Street, tell them you are a
Licenced hackney driver wanting a job, and see how quickly they show you
the door. I doubt you'd be going slow enough to notice there's a floor...

--
Mike Hughes
at home in Tarring, West Sussex, England