Old June 8th 12, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.waterways,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default BBC's Dire Coverage of the Thames Flotilla and other Jubillee Events

On Fri, 8 Jun 2012 11:11:59 +0000 (UTC), d
wrote:

On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 12:04:25 +0100
Recliner wrote:
It seems that some cameras were indeed killed by the weather, as this
account by Clare Balding indicates: "Balding, a freelance presenter
and not a BBC employee, said staff did the best they could but were
beset by technical problems.

Perhaps I'm being naive here - but shouldn't outside broadcast equipment
be rainproof? After all , it is going to be used, errm, outside.

Yes, you'd think so. I assume the equipment on boats may get wetter
than in normal land conditions, and being battery-powered may not
help. They had the further problem that they lost comms when boats
went under bridges.