Old June 8th 12, 12:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Basil Jet[_2_] Basil Jet[_2_] is offline

Default Time for a bus route rethink?

On 2012\06\08 00:46, Paul Corfield wrote:

What I would like to see is some considered, in depth reviews about
long standing "missing direct links" in the bus network [1].

[1] - some examples. Walthamstow - Enfield,

The 191 linked Enfield with the north side of Walthamstow, but was
curtailed in 1982, so I'm not sure how much use such a route would get,
but extending the W8 to Angel Road Tescos seems like a no-brainer, and
that would give a much better one-change route from Walthamstow to
Enfield than any of the existing traffic-clogged options.

Incidentally, there is a video map showing every bus journey in London
on http://mappinglondon.co.uk/ along with a tube map redesigned to fit
in a strip of tape and other goodies.