Old June 8th 12, 02:16 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default Epping - Ongar Railway Now Open

CJB wrote:

I got stuck in the lift at Aldwych for about an hour the last time I
used the line just before it closed. The poor reliability of the lifts
and the expense of replacing them was a major factor in the line's
closure. CJB.

Pretty much - once they'd built the actual thing (and made the branch even
more useless than it needed to be, hence no extensions) I guess the cost and
hassle of closing it over the protests of thse who found it useful for
whatever reason was a factor in keeping it going until major infrastructure
works changed the balance.
--
My blog: http://adf.ly/4hi4c