Old June 8th 12, 05:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken Wheatley Ken Wheatley is offline

Default Time for a bus route rethink?

On 2012-06-08 14:56:09 +0000, Basil Jet said:

On 2012\06\08 15:38, d wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 15:28:00 +0100
Basil wrote:
Interesting. I wonder why they keep the letters now? Seems an odd anomaly.

Getting rid of them would cost money and confuse people, and would lead
to you criticising them.

I didn't mean do it overnight - but all routes are altered eventually and
when they are change the number.

AFAIK the W8 and W3 both have exactly the route they had at creation,
and the same route as the numbered routes which they replaced.

The W3 is the same route (the old 233?) but it didn't originally run on
Saturdays. Then it was divided at Wood Green into W5 and W6, each of
which then ran to Turnpike Lane Station.

The W8, when it took over from the 128, didn't serve Picketts Lock.
Even when it did it was only off-peak until recently - I assume it's
all the time now.