Old June 9th 12, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.waterways,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Nick Leverton Nick Leverton is offline

Default BBC's Dire Coverage of the Thames Flotilla and other Jubillee Events

In article ,
Harriet Bazley wrote:
On 8 Jun 2012 as I do recall,
Pete wrote:

[snip]
Bad weather was clearly forecast - the choir should have been provided with
cover of some sort.
I felt really sorry for them.

They had cover (umbrellas) earlier on when they went past us before
Lambeth Bridge - evidently they decided to go all out for the grand
finale and let the weather go hang :-) I noticed that the one with
glasses was the only one to have her hood up, presumably because she
would have been absolutely blind otherwise!

I suspect the image of the soaking choir singing their hearts out will
be the abiding memory of the Jubilee procession, a la Dunkirk spirit....

Certainly was. One felt they'd decided they couldn't get much wetter -
one of them had a shiver for a brief moment then just lifted up her head
and sang joyfully again. If there was a spirit of the Jubilee that was
it, I think

Nick