Old June 11th 12, 05:08 PM posted to uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.transport.london
Sam Wilson Sam Wilson is offline

Default Well I enjoyed it - the Flotilla

In article ,
Recliner wrote:

On Wed, 06 Jun 2012 12:42:07 +0100, Sam Wilson
wrote:

In article
,
77002 wrote:

On Jun 4, 11:14*pm, Dave Jackson wrote:
On 04/06/2012 21:36, Railsigns.co.uk wrote:

Do you think so? Whatever you may think of Mr. Blair (or any other
politician), the fact
is he was democratically elected to serve in public office, whereas we
get no say in
appointing the monarch*whatsoever*.

How long would a directly elected president last before being in total
disagreement with the directly elected Prime Minister.

France encounter this from time to time.

So does the USA where it's been quite common recently for the elected
Head of State and Head of Government to be opposed to the elected
Government of which he is head.

The US Congress and Senate are the legislature, not the government.
Unlike in the UK, members of the US government are not members of the
legislature. And often, as now, the two houses can be controlled by
different parties.

Good point - I had forgotten how different the US system is from ours.

Sam

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.