Old June 13th 12, 09:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tube Wifi

In article

, (Neil Williams) wrote:

Ian Cunningham wrote:

Not necessarily true - we've got a "tinternet and telly" package
from Virgin

We have such a package in the company flat in Switzerland as well.
Generally that sort of thing is offered on cable. It wouldn't take BT
much effort to offer it as well rather than the stupid idea that you have
to pay line rental and pay extra if you don't make any calls. The line
would be there, but it needn't be necessary to plug a phone into it, nor
to be able to call it.

In this country you only have what you can agree with Virgin Media if you
want cable. It's a long time since I saw an offer that didn't have "plus £x
for a phone line" in the small print. As they will knock amounts off bills I
suspect you still pay for a landline even if you have a deal.

--
Colin Rosenstiel