Old June 13th 12, 09:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Tube Wifi

On 12/06/2012 12:29, Jarle H Knudsen wrote:
On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 11:20:52 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

Sounds a very stupid decision made by people who only care about the bottom
line. Land lines allow emergency services to pinpoint someone precisely,
mobiles don't. The "we can't get the parts argument" usually means "we don't
want to pay to upgrade the parts".

Telenor is currently loosing about 6,000 landline customers every month.
Norway has a population of just over 5,000,000.

There is also little point in trying to install any sort of fixed line
networks in parts of East Africa or the Republic of South Africa.