Old June 14th 12, 08:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected] boltar2003@boltar.world is offline

Default London roadworks lane rental scheme finally goes ahead

On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 17:49:11 +0100
Robin9 wrote:
Peter Smyth;131273 Wrote:

So if TfL works overrun, then TfL will be able to charge TfL up to £2500
per
day. That should prove a great incentive!

Peter Smyth

Someone should charge TfL for their overruns! The recently completed
North Circular Road works at Palmers Green and New Southgate took
three years to complete instead of the six months that would have

Can't say I'm surprised. I drive that section on my way to work each day.
I rarely saw any workers there and when there was someone they were usually
just standing around doing **** all.

been more than adequate. In the USA that scheme would have been
done and dusted within about six weeks.

In most european countries apart from maybe Italy it would have been done
pretty quickly too.

B2003