Old June 14th 12, 10:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Tube Wifi

On 14/06/2012 07:40, Roland Perry wrote:
[...]
The cost to me of subsidising callers is a fixed mnthly rental, and
incoming calls are free.

The cost to others of subsidising me not having a landline varies, but
is normally an extra cost per minute on the calls (to my mobile).

If they have a contract UK mobile with inclusive minutes (or a PAYG plan
that offers something similar), then calling from their mobile to yours
wouldn't incur extra expense. That's an *if* though, and there are other
factors such as availability of decent mobile reception for both the
calling and called parties.