Old June 14th 12, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Tube Wifi

On 14/06/2012 11:43, d wrote:

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 11:32:40 +0100
Mizter wrote:
Or get a replacement handset and SIM, and then carry on using your
existing mobile number. (o2 will happily hand out a replacement SIM at
one of their shops.)

How do you persuade the grunt at the desk that you really have lost it and
haven't just given it to your cousin as a hand-me-down?

The number gets re-associated with the new SIM, so the old SIM becomes
useless.

Re the procedure, I think I've done it two ways - in the shop they call
up the o2 call centre (likely via some non-public number), put you on
the phone to confirm it's your account (details & security check etc),
then the shop bod reads out the new SIM number to associate it with your
account and mobile number. Also I'm pretty sure I just managed to get
them to hand over a new SIM in the shop and then I called up o2 customer
services later and associated that with my account & mobile number.