Old June 14th 12, 12:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Tube Wifi

On 14/06/2012 12:40, wrote:

In ,
(Mizter T) wrote:

Evidence?

VM broadband:
http://store.virginmedia.com/broadband/compare-broadband/index.html

VM phone line:

http://store.virginmedia.com/phone/phone-fibre-optic/compare-fibre-optic/index.html

Solo broadband is cheaper than taking broadband& phone line - yes,
VM do discount the broadband if you take a phone line as well, but
the total cost is still more. As ever, they'd prefer it if you took a
bundle and so both price and market their services accordingly -
disentangling the costs can take a bit of work.

However I'm pretty sure that when VM started offering solo broadband,
the cost was equivalent to a broadband + phone line bundle.

Gosh! I'm paying a whole 40p a month more than the broadband-only price
there for my broadband plus phone.

30Mb broadband service (costs per month).

With phone line: £14.50 + £13.90 = £28.40
Without phone line: £22.50.