Old June 14th 12, 12:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Tube Wifi

On 14/06/2012 12:23, Neil Williams wrote:

Mizter wrote:

If they have a contract UK mobile with inclusive minutes (or a PAYG plan
that offers something similar), then calling from their mobile to yours
wouldn't incur extra expense. That's an *if* though, and there are other
factors such as availability of decent mobile reception for both the
calling and called parties.

My mobile is on and can be called all day, all week except for the 3 hours
a week I presently spend on aircraft.

I would be available to answer my landline for about 24-48 hours a week
max, usually less than that.

That convenience is most likely worth the extra few pence. As I have
unlimited minutes, anyone who wants a call back so they aren't charged can
have one. For international calls from abroad, the cost difference between
calling a UK mobile or landline is minimal, and surprisingly used to be
nothing at all!

The difference when calling from abroad isn't as minimal as you make out.