Old June 17th 12, 06:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Someone Somewhere Someone Somewhere is offline

Default Bus Drivers And The Olympics

On 16/06/2012 22:34, Steve Fitzgerald wrote:
In message , Recliner
writes

I thought LU drivers were paid salaries, not hours+overtime, so the
bonus is to compensate for the extra hours and shift flexibility
during the Olympics. But bus drivers do get overtime, so that's how
they should earn extra money for any extra time worked.

Indeed, and there is no voluntary overtime. For example, my last pay
period I received about £5 for overtime due to late running.

There is no opportunity to supplement this.

The 'bonus' is solely to buy out of the current agreements for the
period of sports day. Any hours worked outside of the current agreement
during this time will be paid extra too; the aggregate of this is what
the papers like to present as fact.

Isn't the lack of overtime due to agreements with the unions anyway to
ensure everyone gets the most money, no individual may be favoured and
the maximum amount of staffing exists to cover the work needed as
unexpected absences can't be dealt with by others doing overtime?

And, if you're getting paid for any hours worked outside of the current
agreement, what is the perceived need for the "bonus" - solely the
flexibility that most workers are expected to have anyway?