Old June 18th 12, 12:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default The dangleway

On 18/06/2012 11:41, Neil Williams wrote:

Mizter wrote:

'We' don't have the money to do it, for a start.

Nonsense. Fares can be changed up and down as appropriate. The current
system favours those who are already favoured by having a direct train or
bus only service for their journey. That is unfair.

Be our guest and try selling a significant fare increase to Londoners
right now and see how far that gets you.

Bear in mind that fares have gone up a fair bit in recent years, and the
current Mayor's policy is that more of the burden of public transport
costs should fall directly on users in the form of fares rather than
indirectly in the form of council tax.

(Though matters are seemingly a bit different when it comes to financing
jolly fair ground rides, er sorry absolutely essential pieces of
transport infrastructure such as the cable car...)