Old June 18th 12, 01:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default The dangleway

On 18/06/2012 11:37, Roland Perry wrote:

In message , at 11:25:18 on
Mon, 18 Jun 2012, Paul Corfield remarked:

I hope the ticket machines have got a lot of 70p's in them, for change.

Come now - get with the jargon. "Boarding Pass" machines.

The project seems riddled with faux-airline terminology. I suppose they
think the pun is amusing. Although to me an "air line" is one of those
machines at the garage that inflates tyres - or perhaps my mid-Atlantic
vocabulary is getting in the way.

It's just sponsorship, innit. The London Eye also went in for similar
stuff given its now-expired BA sponsorship (e.g. a ride was a 'flight').