Old June 19th 12, 01:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Graham Harrison[_2_] Graham Harrison[_2_] is offline

Default Don't fly BA during the Olympics

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
I've heard that BA are launching a marketing campaign today, aimed at
persuading Brits to "stay at home" during the Olympics.

It's one way of keeping Terminal 5 from clogging up, I suppose.

Apparently some of their colleagues in the travel trade are not impressed,
in case it's taken as a more general plea to the public not to take
holidays during that period. And after all, the tidal flow of Brits
fleeing the country is exactly opposite to that of the athletes and
spectators.

Why not have a look at the advert for yourself and make your own mind up
http://www.youtube.com/user/flybriti...e=results_main

If you "like" BA on Facebook there's a version on there that asks for your
post code and then replaces the bit where the plane goes over a road hump
with some Streetview? footage out of the window as the plane taxis down your
street. I hate to think how it got past my house, the lane is only wide
enough for a car and has high hedges and even buildings right by the road!!!