Old June 20th 12, 04:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Amersham with Zone 1-6 railcard

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 10:33:11 -0500,

wrote:

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On 20 Jun 2012 13:44:27 GMT, Neil Williams
wrote:

Clive Page wrote:

I would have thought that would only allow you to make a return trip
from Amersham to the central (1-6) area, and back to Amersham again
(plus of course unlimited trips within the 1-6 zones), whereas I
want to use the London to Amersham journey first (which would
involve using the return half of that ticket before the outward).

You can probably get the reverse of that (a BZ6 to Amersham return)
from the ticket office at Marylebone, no idea if valid on the Met
though.

It's a TfL fare and the route to Amersham is inter-available and has
been for decades.

TfL has BZ6 fares?

It has extension fares for every zonal combination to every LU / DLR /
Overground station - how else do both magnetic and PAYG fare
extensions work if you already hold a zonal travelcard?

Amersham is a LU station and fares are far as Amersham are priced by
TfL. I assume Chiltern price beyond Amersham.

I am not saying TfL price from ZB6 to every applicable NR
station*outside* the zones - just in case you're trying to put words
in my mouth.

OK, but no Oyster version? You have to get off a train within zone 6, touch
in and get on again. And presumably the same in the opposite direction,
touching out that time.

--
Colin Rosenstiel