Old June 21st 12, 12:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Tube Wifi

In message , at 12:48:48
on Thu, 21 Jun 2012, David Cantrell remarked:
As for having a landline, I need it for ADSL. I also think it's a bit
rude to expect friends and family to call an expensive mobile number
rather than a landline.
I think it's a bit rude of people to expect me to pay to receieve calls
from them. Cos that's what having a landline would mean.

So which rudeness is worse? At least the landline cost is fixed each
month, and not per minute of call made.

The landline cost is of the order of 10 to 15 quid a month, every month.
The cost to my mother (the only person to regularly call me from a
landline) of calling my mobile a few times a month is considerably less
than that.

YMMV.