Old June 21st 12, 06:51 PM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Cantrell View Post
On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 01:42:30PM +0100, Robin9 wrote:

The conversation was very interesting and drew a varied response
from the listeners. One point which came up repeatedly was that
of all the transport workers, bus drivers will experience the most
stress during the Olympics and that if train drivers receive a bonus,
so should bus drivers.

Any bus passengers have a view on this?

Yes. I hope they don't get their bonus, and that they strike during the
Olympics. I hope that as a consequence thousands of people - both
spectators and participants - miss their events. Why? Well, I've paid
for the damned games, and I want to get some entertainment out of it.
Black humour is always better when it contain a grain of truth.

Three bus companies are so reluctant to pay a bonus to their staff
- even when the bonus is financed by the tax payer - that they have
obtained an injunction from the High Court banning the strike. This of
course increases the chances of a strike taking place during the Olympics.