Old June 22nd 12, 06:31 PM
Robin9 Robin9 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizter T View Post
So this bus drivers strike is actually happening then - that's a bit
awkward, which is just the point really I suppose . . . . .

I guess tomorrow might well serve as a potent demonstration of just how
vital buses are to London's travel mix. If one can avoid being on the
road in/on anything with three or more wheels on Friday that's probably
a good idea too.
Outside of the two peak periods, the roads worked much better than normal
and traffic flowed freely. Those big red vehicles are clearly an impediment.

I'm not sure from personal observation that today's strike did demonstrate
that buses are especially vital to London's transport system. Important:
unquestionably; vital: debatable. I saw people being inconvenienced and
forced to pay extra, but I didn't see anyone being unable to make their journey.

I'd be interested to hear other people's observations, particularly those who were in "the middle".