Old June 26th 12, 03:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Tube Wifi

In message , at 12:59:43
on Tue, 26 Jun 2012, David Cantrell remarked:
Any number can be directed to any place these days. I know people who
have 020 numbers that ring phones in Cornwall, but which get forwarded
to all kinds of different places in Cornwall (home, office, mobile,
whatever) depending on how the PBX is set up. If an individual can do
that, so can Scottish Power, and so can anyone provided a phone service
to any business.

Yes, but I expect it costs them more to redirect a geographic like that.

Depends on the number. It would be cheaper (for the recipient) to have
a geographic number going to the "wrong" place than to have an 0800
number,

Isn't the alternative here an 0845?

and for any non-trivial number of calls the costs would be
overwhelmingly the costs of dealing with calls, followed by the costs of
routing the calls,

It's the cost of routing the calls I was talking about.

with any fixed costs being utterly insignificant.