Old June 29th 12, 08:48 PM posted to misc.transport.rail.americas,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] hounslow3@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default City Hall NYC - stunning photos

On 29/06/2012 09:05, Stephen Furley wrote:
On Jun 29, 5:39 am, george conklin wrote:
On 6/28/2012 5:18 PM, CJB wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ks-ghost-subwa...

CJB

Thanks for the link. It is truly an astounding station.

I managed to get a ride through it a few years ago, but most of the
lighting was off at the time. I've heard that they don't throw
passengers off the 6 train at Brooklyn bridge any more, so it's easy
to do it now. It's not far from the old Court Street station where
the Transit Museum is now, so worth doing both at the same time.

... except for the fact that the loop and the transit museum are in
different boroughs.

Assuming that you rode the loop first, you would have to cross back over
to the downtown tracks, at Brooklyn Bridge - City Hall, get on a
Lexington Line train for another four stops to Borough Hall in Brooklyn
and then walk another two or three blocks to Court Street station.