Old June 29th 12, 09:17 PM posted to misc.transport.rail.americas,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Peter Masson[_2_] Peter Masson[_2_] is offline

Default City Hall NYC - stunning photos

wrote

I can do you one better; They decided to shutter South Kentish Town on
what is now the London Underground's Northern Line in one afternoon in in
June of 1924, and promptly acted on that decision. The station was
temporarily closed that afternoon because of industrial action at a local
power supplier, and they simply never re-opened it.

Nearby Kentish Town West closed suddenly in April 1971 (because it burnt
down), and in 1976 the closure was announced as permanent (though I don't
think closure formalities were ever completed). However, it reopened in
1981.

Peter