Old June 30th 12, 10:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london
eastender[_4_] eastender[_4_] is offline

Default ELL gone to HELL

In article ,
Robin9 wrote:

I don't see any signs of panic. The OP is quite right to suggest that
these
things shouldn't happen from time to time in a new railway, least of all

one fitted out at such inordinate expense.

Quite so - it was quite a shock to be told that the whole system
(initially from Highbury to New Cross anyway) was down and to abandon
it. This is not the Jubilee line. Or the District/Ham&City, which I'd
just changed from.

As an aside, I had to go into central London yesterday and it really is
quite difficult to move around in places - tried to go from Bloomsbury
Way to St James area and ended up walking most of the way thanks to
either bus gridlock and bus diversions thanks to the TottCRoad works.

E.