Old July 2nd 12, 06:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Martin Edwards[_2_] Martin Edwards[_2_] is offline

Default Labour backs plans to return railway network to public control- Guardian/Observer

On 01/07/2012 17:13, e27002 wrote:
On Jul 1, 10:11 am, Alex wrote:
On Sun, 01 Jul 2012 09:44:19 +0100, Roland Perry wrote:
Blair and Prescott promised lots of things last time around, and failed
to deliver. Why would Labour act differently next time (assuming they
ever get a next time).

Given that it's impossible to discern any difference between the parties,
I doubt that they would.

You hit that one on the head.

The article described something less than complete re-nationalisation
anyway, so there'd still be plenty trough available for their mates.

While this may be true, you have to believe that people can change. The
composition of the PLP has changed and will change even more if they win.

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must
painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman