Old July 3rd 12, 01:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tim Roll-Pickering Tim Roll-Pickering is offline

Default The dangleway

d wrote:

The Frequent Flyer discount is presumably a multi-use boarding pass that
regulars will get used to buying. Otherwise there's a lot of tourist tax
about the whole thing.

Its fairly obvious its just a glorified fairground ride. It serves no
useful
public transport purpose , its just a way to get a view of the thames.
Perhaps this is the best we can expect in new crossings since the beckton
road bridge across the thames was ditched.

It's a little distant from Canning Town station but the difference would
probably only affect some locals who work within walking distance around
North Greenwich plus anyone who wants to get direct between the Dome and the
ExCel or Royal Victoria Dock itself.

The interesting test will be the next time that part of the Jubilee is down
for weekend engineering works - will it be temporarily integrated to allow a
river crossing on normal fares in such circumstances? This is one of the
trickiest crossings to make without the tube - I once had to do it to find a
courier depot out there.

--
My blog:
http://adf.ly/4hi4c