Old July 4th 12, 05:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Martin Edwards[_2_] Martin Edwards[_2_] is offline

Default End of A Stock?

On 03/07/2012 12:28, 77002 wrote:
On Jul 3, 9:03 am, "Dr. wrote:
They were the only post-war Underground stock with all-transverse seating and luggage racks.

On Sunday, July 1, 2012 12:59:09 AM UTC+1, wrote:
Read on Wikipedia that Saturday was the A stock's last day of revenue
service. Can anybody confirm?

I thought that they were going to keep a few around for nostaglia runs,
similar to the 38s or to the Sarah Siddons.- Hide quoted text -

In 1962 I was ten. On the Met.& GC main line thru the County of
Buckingham, British Railways were running steam trains and DMUices.
Subjectively, by comparison the Silver, electric Met. Line trains were
like somthing from the future.

I noticed that some of the younger kids at school were showing
disturbingly reactionary tendencies. That was in Herts, but it was
probably much the same.

--
Myth, after all, is what we believe naturally. History is what we must
painfully learn and struggle to remember. -Albert Goldman