Old July 4th 12, 11:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Labour backs plans to return railway network to public control - Guardian/

On Tue, Jul 03, 2012 at 07:54:10PM -0500, wrote:
In article ,
(Charles Ellson) wrote:
Devolution (including the London Assembly & Mayor)

That isn't devolution, that is a jumped-up county council.

A bit more than that. It also controls a transport system carrying half the
nation's passengers.

That's pretty much *all* it is. The mayor has no significant powers
over anything else that people care about. And I'm not sure what powers
the assembly has at all.

I caught myself pulling grey hairs out of my beard.
I'm definitely not going grey, but I am going vain.