Old July 4th 12, 02:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Movement of bendy buss's

On 04/07/2012 14:54, d wrote:

On Wed, 04 Jul 2012 14:44:43 +0100
Mizter T wrote:
Interesting - no wriggle room there. What do people think - will he be a
candidate in 2016? He did say he'd only do it for two terms, but I don't

There's always wriggle room for politicians especially when they're talking
about something 4 years in the future.

become Tory leader, but then four years ago I found it hard to imagine
him becoming Mayor...

Except people didn't vote for Boris but against Ken. The Tories could probably
have put Sooty up for mayor and he would have won. And been just as effective.

Both 2008 and 2012 were fairly close run things (e.g. this May just gone
it was 51.53% against 48.47%).

None of the mayoral candidates however are PM material and in general elections
people tend to take things a bit more seriously , whereas the london mayors
post is essentially a glorified county council leader.