Old July 4th 12, 09:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Eric[_3_] Eric[_3_] is offline

Default Labour backs plans to return railway network to public control- Guardian/Observer

On 2012-07-04, e27002 wrote:

If you have any knowledge of the English language, you will know that
cannot be a marriage. ?A circle can never be a square.

So if I disagree with you, I must therefore have no knowledge of the
English language (which was not the subject of discussion). So not an
honest or a defensible argument then, are you happy to use it?

And no, a circle is not a square, but both are geometric figures formed
by enclosing part of the plane with an unbroken line. Both are shapes
that might be used in, say, the design of a steam locomotive.

Dictionary definitions are not a valid basis for arguing about concepts.

And we do not really want to know about your world view, beliefs, and
opinions, much less have you expect that we should agree with them.

Sentiment mutual. Take your left field mishigas elsewhere.

Yiddish insults now! Not even bad arguments any more. Often taken as a
sign that someone has no arguments left and can hope only for the last
word.

But then we know what you are like, and I should really have known
better than to speak to you at all.

E.
--
ms fnd in a lbry