Old July 5th 12, 11:57 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
77002 77002 is offline

Default Labour backs plans to return railway network to public control - Guardian/Observer

On Jul 5, 12:45*pm, wrote:
On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 04:08:23 -0700 (PDT)

77002 wrote:
Try as I might, I cannot think of one culture over the most recent
3,000 years that has defined marriage other than the accepted way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_same-sex_unions

Thank you.

Not sure why it bothers you so much if 2 men or 2 women want to live together
and have a legal document proving their connection.

Living together? That is their affair. Just keep it out of my face.

Marriage? That bothers me because it is one more devaluation of our
culture. It reduces the value and status of marriage.

What no one seems to give a toss about and which I think is far more
important is gay adoption. Many kids don't get a proper upbringing for whatever
reason but if the state has a choice of who to give a child to then its
IMO beholden to put them in a normal family - ie man & women. A child needs a
mother and a father, not 2 of one and zero of the other. Gay adopters should
be a last resort if there is simply nowhere else for the child to go. The
childs rights are paramount, the couples rights are irrelevant.

We are in agreement on this one.

Except to say one cannot imagine the tsuris more than one wife would
bring. *And, as for more than one mother-in-law, oivey.

You might want to ditch the faux jewish nonsense.

Faux? I do not speak Yidish (and very, very little Hebrew). I have
been in Synagogue, and in other's homes, enough to know the more
common Yidish expressions. Frankly I like them because they are so
expressive.