Old July 5th 12, 09:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway
Charles Ellson Charles Ellson is offline

Default Labour backs plans to return railway network to public control - Guardian/Observer

On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 07:45:40 -0700 (PDT), 77002
wrote:

On Jul 5, 1:16*pm, David Cantrell wrote:
On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 06:41:54AM +0100, Martin Edwards wrote:
We've nearly been through the card now. *How about capital punishment,
safety belts are dangerous and smoking is good for you?

If it helps, my dad recently had a heart attack while playing squash.
He wasn't smoking at the time. *This *PROVES* that smoking prevents
heart attacks, and that exercise is bad for you.

This is regretable news. I hope your father has a speedy and full
recovery.

This, IMHO, is not something about which one should joke.

You're not a student of gallows humour ?