Old July 6th 12, 07:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
John[_4_] John[_4_] is offline

Default Access from DLR at Bank

On 06 Jul 2012 18:39:45 GMT, David Jackman pleasereplytogroup wrote:

Bearded wrote in news:2012070617553074188-ken@nothereuk:

Sorry to bother you, folk

On Sunday morning I need to be in Central London and there are various
train disruptions.

Can someone please confirm how I get from the DLR platform to the
street at Bank.

Ken

There is a lift which goes direct from the DLR platforms to a dedicated
entrance/exit on King William Street (near the junction with Lombard
Street). Never had to use it in anger, mind.

Any other way out of the station involves stairs.

David

The last time I wanted to use the lift with someone in a wheelchair
was at a weekend, but some years ago - At that time I think it was two
lifts, one of which I was told did not work at weekends.

However current information from the tfl website says

Transport for London
Station facilities
Stations:
Bank

A key interchange with London Underground serving the heart of the
City. Just 12 minutes to Canary Wharf it is also close to the Bank of
England Museum and a good range of high street and boutique shops,
bars and restaurants.

Station facilities:

Connections
This station connects with the Central, Northern, District, Circle and
Waterloo & City lines.

Major escalator refurbishment work is currently taking place. Read
more about the works.

Please note that there is no step-free access between the DLR and
street level. Please use alternative routes.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/.../dlr/3272.aspx
--
Regards

John