Old July 6th 12, 09:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner[_2_] Recliner[_2_] is offline

Default Labour backs plans to return railway network to public control - Guardian/

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 21:01:16 +0100, Paul Corfield
wrote:

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 20:28:21 +0100, "Colin McKenzie"
wrote:

On Thu, 05 Jul 2012 13:19:10 +0100, David Cantrell
wrote:
On Wed, Jul 04, 2012 at 10:05:30AM -0500,
wrote:

The assembly is purely a scrutiny body. A bit like parliament.

Parliament can vote against a bill. Can the Assembly do anything like
that?

It can veto the Mayor's budget.

and refuse to loan part of their Head of Service when the Deputy Mayor
for Policing decides it is acceptable to let two experienced civil
servants leave at zero notice leaving the Mayor's Office for Policing
bereft of experience and knowledge. I hadn't appreciated incompetence
was an essential qualification for public office with this Mayor.

Yes, he does seem to be repeating the personnel recruitment mistakes
from the first term. I wasn't surprised last time, given his lack of
experience of running any previous medium or large organisation, but
did expect better four years later.