Old July 7th 12, 10:41 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
el.perro el.perro is offline

Default Labour backs plans to return railway network to public control

wrote in message ...

On Fri, 06 Jul 2012 07:37:53 +0100
Martin Edwards wrote:
On 05/07/2012 14:44, d wrote:
On Thu, 5 Jul 2012 05:21:09 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:
My understanding is that, in the UK, there is a shortage of adoptive
parents at the moment (ie a surplus of children). The choice, then,

I bet I can guess where a lot of those kids come from and why nobody
wants to adopt them.

Your guess is?

Abused kids from broken homes with serious behavioural and/or personality
disorders because of it.

B2003

Or, given that, proportionately far more children from ethnic minorities are
in care - some 20% - the strict interpretations of the "ethnicity" of the
child AND of those willing to adopt:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ring-home.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...ance-says.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-end-ban.html

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...n-racial-lines

http://www.thefca.co.uk/become-a-fos...in-foster-care

Note the requirement:
"Foster carers require patience, selflessness, encouragement to the child
and a willingness to adapt to the child’s needs."
....which seems to indicate that if you do take on this task then your own
children are required to take second place.

Still, help is at hand:
http://www.gidore.com/mixed-race-hai...xed-race-hair/

--
Every Dog Has His Day