Old July 10th 12, 04:02 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Peter Masson[_2_] Peter Masson[_2_] is offline

Default Sidings at Victoria

"Guy Gorton" wrote

Used the Night Ferry just once to go to Brussels. Interesting
experience.
My colleagues laughed at me for taking such an antiquated route - they
were going to fly the next morning from LHR. I got to the office
before they did because LHR was fogged in! That was despite my
sleeper coach missing its connection at Calais.

They were indeed antiquated. AIUI the wagons-lits were heated by coke
stoves - fuelling them was one of the attendant's duties.

Peter